Send resume to email@example.com
The Clinical Analyst has ownership and accountability for defining clinically focused features, including specifications, workflows, and testing plans; that support clinical communications and alerting for physicians, nurses, and care teams at health systems. This individual will collaborate with our product strategy organization, chief medical officer, chief nursing officer, customers, industry experts and teams across the company to ensure that Spok is making the right investments in our clinical product solutions to address key market needs and drives operational value for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and defines the clinical communications and alerting functionality for nursing, physician and care team solutions in close collaboration with the product strategy organization that is aligned with the overall company objectives and mission.
- Discovers and documents the go to market requirements surrounding clinical solutions and related workflows for healthcare communications ensuring product functionality is relevant and effective. Acts as the clinical business analyst for our healthcare solutions development teams to communicate workflow driven product requirements and use cases.
- Works closely and frequently with customers and participates in key healthcare associations to understand and ensure the “voice of the customer” is reflected in our processes and workflow-driven communications solutions.
- Continuously conducts clinical process research to further understand the opportunities for solution differentiation, growth, and best-in-class product requirements.
- Partners with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging care team practice trends and product needs of our healthcare customers.
- Evangelizes our healthcare communications solutions by presenting to customers and users groups; represent the product at trade shows; train and educate the Client community on our clinical solutions and related workflow processes for care team communication.
- Measures adoption and utilization of clinical features, solutions and workflow processes to determine operational value for our customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 5+ years of healthcare IT software systems experience working in (or with) a hospital environment involving physicians and nurses is required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of recent experience working in healthcare information technology is strongly preferred (on a clinical staff or healthcare IT software vendor working with hospital staff)
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working with EHR or similar healthcare IT software systems is strongly preferred (on a clinical staff or healthcare IT software vendor working with hospital staff)
- Licensed clinician experience is desired (i.e. RN in a hospital).
- 5+ years’ experience in an inpatient setting is desired.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to convert market and customer requirements to detailed specifications for implementation into software solutions.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of EHR, or similar software applications, for managing healthcare-related processes, activities and workflows.
- An understanding of legislation and regulatory bodies affecting healthcare practices is desired.
- Robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels.
- Ability to understand healthcare IT enterprise software at all operational levels within a hospital’s organization.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Knowledge of EHR/EMR system integrations is preferred.
- Experience in Agile development organization preferred.
- Experience in mobile and web applications development in an enterprise healthcare setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of HL7, CCDAs, FHIR and other communications standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of User Experience principles and best practices is a plus.
- MS Office Suite.