Note: If this position is not a fit earn up to $500. Check out our referral program
Salary to 110k with 10% bonus
This can be a remote position.
Send resume to email@example.com
We are looking for someone specializing in Mammography, knowledge of ACR and MQSA, along with DBT ( Digital Breast Tomography). We would like to have this person located in Stamford, CT with the ability to travel and support the field organization as needed.
Here is a general Position Summary:
The Product Support Specialist provides a technical evaluation, investigation and product support to customers and internal departments. Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives. Normally receives minimal instruction in routine work, general instructions on new products or assignments. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other personnel on day-to-day and routine assignments. Offers mentorship to others on technical and product knowledge and operating procedures. To meet the needs of our customers, work outside normal business hours and holidays are required.
* Performs hardware and software evaluation of medical imaging systems, components and accessories to ensure conformance with appropriate market specifications. Identifies issues and communicates with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to address incompatibilities. Makes recommendations for corrections or performance enhancements.
* Interfaces with internal and external customers to perform troubleshooting and diagnostic evaluations to determine technical issues and to identify potential product enhancements. Works with cross functional teams to provide remote or on-site support of new products and address escalated technical issues.
* Assists with technical training within the scope of an assigned product family, product or module which includes installation guidance, upgrade and troubleshooting techniques.
* Along with Product Management, works with OEMs, suppliers and other departments to identify optimal hardware and software components to support medical imaging products.
* Assists in the investigation of product complaints dispositioned within the Quality Review Board (QRB) process.
* Creates and ensures that all necessary technical, configuration, product availability and support information is provided to the service organization.
* Maintains technical expertise on product offerings and stays abreast of current industry trends and future technology advancements through continuous education.
* Ensures that problems and solutions are effectively documented into a product knowledge database.
* Assesses new techniques and current work practices to reduce service costs and increase service efficiency.
* Participates in customer site visits, as necessary.
* Short notice and/or overnight travel, as required, to work on customer systems
* Adheres to the Company’s quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or other related field with a minimum of 8 years technical support related professional experience or comparable education and work experience
* Creative, consultative, communicator with the ability to build relationships to support the evolving needs of customers, employees and the business
* Experience with Case Management tracking tools
* Advanced working knowledge of current network technologies
* Advanced working knowledge of current IT technologies and common business productivity software, eg: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Visio, etc.
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent telephone manner
* Ability to achieve results and meet goals in a fast-paced, rapidly changing team environment
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and virtualization technologies
* Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills