PACS Project Implementation Engineer
Our client, a leading medical imaging company, is currently looking for a PACS Project Implementation Engineer to join their team. This person should have a strong background in PACS/RIS/DICOM/HL7 implementation along with strong SQL knowledge.
The Healthcare IT Implementations Engineer supports the Implementation Project Managers in the planning and execution of the HCIT product line, while providing hands-on technical support during the life of the project. The IE serves as the primary resource for the technical build of all client systems and for the technical aspects of projects. The IE continually monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
The Implementations Engineers are instrumental in ensuring projects are successful. The IEs work closely with clients to truly understand their most effective work-flow, ensures client is fully aware of product capabilities, and then builds systems to support the desired outcomes.
The Implementation Engineers also:
- Prepare for successful project by thoroughly understanding project scope, deliverables, and client needs. Work with Project Management personnel to fully verify sales orders prior to project start and implementation.
- Develop very close working relationship with client to fully deliver on expectations and needs.
- Identify and resolve problems, monitor project milestones and deliverables – ensure project stays on plan.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Ensure a successful go-live by performing tests, and ensure clients are thoroughly trained and fully understand product capabilities.
- Assess current and future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers or other methods.
- Continue improving implementation processes and procedures to drive efficiency, increase client satisfaction, and reduce operational costs.
- Adhere to the requirements of the company’s quality management standards and systems.
- Be the ‘go to’ person for their assigned projects which requires regular, timely, and punctual attendance.
- Effectively ask questions, listen to and understand client information and ideas, listen to and understand Project Team ideas, and then communicate effectively so all understand, have buy-in, and together execute cohesive solutions
- Work with Radiologists, managers, and staff to resolve problems and conflicts within the practice.
Requirements & Qualifications (Education, Specialized Sills, Abilities, & Experience)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Medical Informatics, Information Systems and Technologies, or a related field of study
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the areas of project management, employee supervision, strategic planning, technical support of software and hardware implementations, and medical environments utilizing DICOM/HL7/RIS/PACS applications; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth understanding of Medical imaging operations and process related to the use of Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM), and their use in radiology imaging workflow to include the relationship and stance of DICOM Modalities.
- Knowledge and use of networking terms such as TCP/IP, UNC, FQDN, SAN/NAS, etc.
- Knowledge and use of various DICOM Imaging types such as Little Endian Implicit, JPEG 2000 Lossless, etc.
- Aggressive learner with the ability to research and dig for creative and innovative solutions in a rapidly evolving industry, and then deliver results in a poised and professional manner.
- Ability to resolve customer issues with creative solutions without impacting process, procedures and product integrity.
- Excellent deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to respond to frequent demands from multiple customers and work in a fast paced and multi- project environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills are a plus
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Experience in large volume data migrations
Additional Helpful Skills
- Working knowledge and use of SQL terms such as select, where, transaction, insert, update, commit, and rollback
- Radiology Information System (RIS) and radiology workflow exposure.
- Familiarity with software applications for spreadsheets, word processing and most other computer applications software, for communication as well as altering data sets.
Interested Candidates please submit your curriculum vitae and supporting documentation to: