send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary to 130K
The Performance Engineer is a member of the company’s Software Quality Engineering Team. The position reports to the Manager of Software Quality Engineering and will focus on ensuring tests are developed to perform complex load simulations and comprehensive end-to-end automation. The qualified candidate will lead the performance engineers and ensure proper coordination, measuring, monitoring, consolidating, analysis and presentation is of high quality to improve operations and technology. He/she will be involved in early project planning, collaborating in a consulting role with project teams to define test strategy, test plans, test cases and results. Deliverables must be in line with the company standards and requires a high level of independent judgment, creative planning, and cross functional collaboration.
- Design and develop test strategies and plans to verify that applications and systems under test meet expected SLA’s, such as response time and transactions per second (TPS).
- Design, implement, execute, and analyze performance and load tests for services and applications using open-source tools (e.g. JMeter, BlazeMeter, Loadosophia).
- Execute performance tests that exercise the applications and systems under test in areas such as capacity, longevity and stress.
- Understanding of software development and QA processes; knowledge of any Agile based process.
- Performance analysis on whether the product under test is ready for production.
- Performance analysis of production data for ongoing assessment and tuning of performance test approach.
- Manage multiple performance testing projects.
- Responsible for performance modeling, benchmarking, capacity planning and infrastructure optimization.
- Coach and mentor peers and other team members as a part of driving a high performance culture.
- Educate teams on performance testing processes, methodology, performance and scalability, and the science of testing.
- Review test results and release documentation.
- Participate in discussions and planning with development teams.
- Work closely with offshore vendors to deliver projects on time, with quality, and within budget.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Performance Testing role.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of managing teams with project delivery.
- Hands-on experience using Apache JMeter or HP LoadRunner.
- Hands-on experience coding (Java) automation framework/script for Selenium Webdriver and TestComplete.
- Thorough knowledge of application and system monitoring tools and techniques.
- Previous application and platform turning experience.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database technologies.
- Hands-on experience with web technologies: HTML, XML, JSP, JSON, CSS, etc
- Knowledge of JIRA is beneficial.
- Health case experience with provider-oriented solutions and workflows using PACS/RIS systems, a plus.
- Knowledge of DICOM, HL7 and medical image management, a plus.
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication, organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to forecast resource capacity and evaluate against project demand.
- Experience in managing complex issues and risks, including appropriate verbal and written communication at all levels (upward, peer-to-peer and team).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills – able to plan and execute QA activities across concurrent release.
- Experience implementing and maintaining automated testing platform.
- Experience in agile software development process.
Boston (Newton), MA (Please note, relocation assistance is not available for this Boston-based position)