Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Software Engineer reports to the VP of Engineering. The engineering team is responsible for the development, delivery, and engineering support of functionality core to our award-winning services. The goal of the team is to produce robust, secure products that delight our users.
• Serve as liaison between support/operations and engineering. Triage and help troubleshoot emergent issues, manage process and systems to that end.
• Meet regularly with direct reports; ensure individual engagement and overall employee satisfaction. Partner with reports in an effort to develop career opportunities.
• Champion Team initiatives and recommend resourcing and expansion. Lead candidate searches, interview tactics, and landing great candidates.
• Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate customer/business needs and goals into deliverable software designs.
• Represent the company well as a customer facing employee.
• Help establish a proactive culture where initiative and problem solving are celebrated and recognized.
• Collaborate with product managers and other software engineers to distill product requirements into re-usable and scalable new software framework capabilities and features.
• Produce technical documentation
• 4+ years of experience developing server-side software in a SOA framework with MVC–based design patterns.
• Experience with J2EE and core Java packages, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, REST/JSON and other Java open source technologies.
• BS in Computer Science , similar technical discipline, or 4+ years of equivalent experience.
• Ability to communicate ideas with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Git and active Github profile a plus
• Linux and any experience shell scripting a plus
• Familiarity with PACS and associated standards and protocols a plus